Piri piri burgers with mediterranean vegetables
- Time to cook:
- 25 minutes
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C
- 450g (1Ib) Lean beef mince
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) English mustard
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 2x15mlsp (2tbsp) Chilli sauce
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 5mlsp (1tsp) Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Red onions, cut into thick slices
- 1 Courgette, sliced lengthways
- 1 Yellow pepper, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Olive oil
Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F
In a bowl mix beef mince with the English mustard, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, lemon zest and fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and shape into 4 burgers. Place on a baking tray.
On a separate tray place the red onions, courgette and pepper. Add the sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary and drizzle with olive oil. Place the burgers and vegetables into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of natural yogurt mixed with chilli and lemon zest.
Per portion: (233g)
Energy 1345kJ / 323 cal
Fat 22g, of which saturates 8g
Carbohydrates 8g, of which sugars 7g