Bacon, tomato, spinach & ricotta linguine
- Time to cook:
- 12 minutes
This recipe will provide over 50% of the RDA for Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) and Vitamin B12.
- 6 Rashers of lean smoked back bacon, chopped
- 100g (4oz) Linguine pasta or spaghetti
- 1x15mlsp (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g (4oz) Ricotta cheese
- 50g (2oz) Fresh spinach
- Fresh torn basil
Cook the linguine in a pan of boiling water as per pack instructions. Meanhwile put the olive oil into a pan, add the sliced onion, chopped bacon and lightly cook. Add the onion and bacon to the drained pasta.
Stir in the sundried tomatoes and ricotta sheese, gently heat and blend together. Finally stir in the spinach leaves.
Serve with black pepper, torn basil, chunks of crusty bread and a tomato and basil salad
Per portion: (252g)
Energy 2370 kJ, 569 cal
Fat 37g, of which saturates 11.6g
Carbohydrate 29g, of which sugars 4g