- Time to cook:
- 20 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Lean lamb mince
- 5mlsp (1tsp) Ground coriander
- 5mlsp (1tsp) Ground cumin
- 50g (2oz) Baby spinach leaves
- 2x15mlsp (2tbsp) Fresh parsley, chopped
- 100g (4oz) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 1-2 Green apples, cored and diced
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Mild olive oil
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Lime or lemon juice
- 2x 5 mlsp (2 tsp) Runny honey
Pre heat the oven. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the lamb mince with the spices for 8-10 minutes. Once cooked remove from the heat and stir through the spinach and parsley.
Place 4 tortillas on a chopping board, cover with the cheese and then the lamb. Sandwich the remaining tortillas on top and transfer to lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the tortillas are crispy and the filling is hot.
Meanwhile prepare the salsa:- mix together the chopped apple, mint, oil, citrus juice and honey.
Slice each quesadilla in half and serve immediately with the Apple and Mint Salsa.
Accompany with a crisp green salad.
Per portion: (299g)
Energy 2450kJ / 583cal
Fat 25g (of which saturates 11g)
Carbohydrate 61g (of which sugars 8g)