Bacon beet salad
- Time to cook:
- 40 minutes
- 225g (8oz) Cured back bacon
- 4 Small fresh beetroots, scrubbed and quartered
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 5 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2x15mlsp (2tbsp) Flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) Black pudding, cubed (optional)
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 2 Sage leaves, chopped
- 2x15mlsp (2tbsp) Olive oil
- 4x15mlsp (4tbsp) Apple juice
Pre-heat the oven. Place the raw beetroot on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Bake in the oven until soft.
Grill the bacon rashers under a pre-heated grill for 1-2 minutes each side. Cut the rashers in half.
Toss the bacon, beetroot, radishes, parsley, black pudding and rocket together in a serving bowl.
Place the sage, oil, apple juice and seasoning in a screw top jar. Shake well to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.