Shepherd's pie with bubble and squeak topping
- Time to cook:
- 45 minutes
- 450g (1lb) lean minced lamb
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Flour
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Tomato purée
- 450ml (¾pt) Stock
- 675g (1½ lb) Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- Knob of butter and milk to mix
In a non-stick pan dry fry the lamb with the onion and carrots until the mince is browned. Stir in the flour and tomato purée. Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 5-10 minutes until the carrots are just soft.
Place the potatoes and parsnips in a large pan. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. During the last 8-10 minutes of cooking time add the shredded cabbage to the pan. Once cooked drain and mash with the butter and milk.
Transfer the mince to an ovenproof dish and spoon the mash over the top. Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Energy 1211kJ / 289cal
Fat 12g, of which saturates 5.7g
Carbohydrates 28g, of which sugars 5.6g