- Time to cook:
- 120 minutes
This recipe provides over 60% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 450g (1lb) Lean beef braising steak
- 5mlsp (1tsp) Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, squashed
- 25g (1oz) Chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 2x15mlsp (2tbsp) Tomato pureé
- 8 Green olives
- 150ml (¼) Beef stock
- 400g Canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 Green chilli, cut in half and seeded
Preheat the oven.
Heat the oil in a large ovenproof dish. Add the beef braising steak and brown all over.
Add the garlic, chorizo sausage, tomato pureé, olives, stock and chilli. Stir well, cover with a lid and cook for 1½ - 2 hours until the meat is tender.
Serve with black eye beans and rice and a fruity salsa of mango and pineapple.
Per portion: (239g)
Energy 1166 kJ / 278 cal
Fat 12g, of which saturates 5g
Carbohydrate 5g, of which sugars 4g