Meat Advisory Panel (MAP)
What is the Meat Advisory Panel (MAP)?
MAP is a new group of healthcare professionals, scientists and researchers who provide independent and objective information about red meat and its role as part of a healthy, balanced diet. The members are:
Mr Roger Leicester OBE FRCS
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Director of Endoscopy and SW London Bowel cancer Screening Centre at St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Specialist in colorectal cancer and endoscopy.
Professor Robert Pickard BSc PhD CBiol FSB RNutr
- Emeritus Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Cardiff.
- Chairman of DECC's Radioactive Waste Management Committee, and Visiting Professor at the Royal Agriculture.
- Formerly Director-General of the British Nutrition Foundation; Chairman of the NGO Forum for the Royal Society for Public Health; and Chairman of the Consumers’ Association, Which?; and Chairman of the UK Government’s Foresight Task Force, Food's Contribution to Health in the Future.
Dr Carrie Ruxton BSc, PhD
- Former Chief Executive at The Nutrition Society and Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster as course leader for BSc Human Nutrition.
- Public health nutritionist and dietitian.
- PhD in Child Nutrition and a string of publications on health and diet.
Dr Gill Jenkins BM, DRCOG, DFFP, BA
- General Practitioner.
- Medical writer, broadcaster and film producer.
- Medical director, Wings Medical Services.
The Meat Advisory Panel (MAP) is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from EBLEX and BPEX.