Meat Advisory Panel (MAP)
What is the Meat Advisory Panel (MAP)?
MAP is a group of healthcare professionals, scientists and researchers who provide independent and objective information about red meat and its role as part of a healthy, balanced diet. The members are:
Mr Roger Leicester OBE FRCS
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Director of Endoscopy and SW London Bowel cancer Screening Centre at St George's Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Specialist in colorectal cancer and endoscopy.
Professor Robert Pickard BSc PhD CBiol FSB RNutr
- Emeritus Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Cardiff.
- Chairman of DECC's Radioactive Waste Management Committee, and Visiting Professor at the Royal Agriculture.
- Formerly Director-General of the British Nutrition Foundation; Chairman of the NGO Forum for the Royal Society for Public Health; and Chairman of the Consumers' Association, Which?; and Chairman of the UK Government's Foresight Task Force, Food's Contribution to Health in the Future.
Dr Carrie Ruxton BSc, PhD
- Former Chief Executive at The Nutrition Society and Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster as course leader for BSc Human Nutrition.
- Public health nutritionist and dietitian.
- PhD in Child Nutrition and a string of publications on health and diet.
Dr Gill Jenkins BM, DRCOG, DFFP, BA
- General Practitioner.
- Medical writer, broadcaster and film producer.
- Medical director, Wings Medical Services.
Dr Emma Derbyshire
- Senior Lecturer and researcher in human nutrition, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Peer reviewer for international journals including Public Health Nutrition, British Food Journal, Nutrition Research, Journal of Human Nutrition & Dietetics, International Journal of Food Science & Technology, Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Contributor on nutrition related issues to Daily Mail, Telegraph, Slimming World, Independent Nurse, Weight Watchers, Practical Parenting, Hello Magazine, Men's Health, Metro
The Meat Advisory Panel (MAP) is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from the red meat industry.